I attended Dominican University in River Forest, IL, to obtain my Masters degree in Library and Information Science and graduated January 2010. I was the board secretary for the Special Libraries Association Competitive Intelligence Division from 2007-2010 and earned a dual certificate in Competitive Intelligence and the Intelligence Information Function from the Special Libraries Association in November 2007. I completed courses in Change Management and Knowledge Management/Knowledge Services at the Special Libraries Association annual conference in July 2012.
I received my B.A. from the University of Iowa in Anthropology with a Minor in Religion. I also spent a semester abroad studying Irish Literature at the University of Dublin, Trinity College, and participated in a writers’ workshop.
I possess a clear understanding of current trends and new technologies for overcoming information overload. Utilizing SharePoint and other information tools, I instruct users on how to gather and analyze information efficiently and effectively.
Notable Mentions and Accomplishments
* Q1 2013 Thrilling our Customers, Talent Acquisition, Allstate
* Q4 2011 Individual that gets IT, Product and Partner Management, CDW
* Q2 2011 Individual that gets IT, Product and Partner Management, CDW
* LIS768 Class blog profiled in Information Advisor’s “BestBizWeb”
* Blog posting by Michael Stephens at Tame the Web
* Work included in Michael Stephen’s EDUCAUSE slides and presentation:
* Created the SLA CI Division LinkedIn group
* Created the SLA CI Division Twitter
This blog and additional sites found under “Other Blogs” are a compilation of all the things I love – librarianship, technology, cooking and baking, photography, baby chatter, and interesting tidbits found around the web. Enjoy!